TXT: "Run Away" Review

   TXT are one of the well known rookie groups who will be competing in: Battle of the Groups: Rookie of the Year series which is coming very soon, and today they made a comeback.

When the group debuted, there was an enormous amount of hype surrounding them due to their association with BTS, and as much as I liked their first release, I wasn't the biggest fan. I thought they were good, but I wasn't  mesmerized as many were.

Today, they came back with the second chapter of their series "The Dream Chapter", this time titled Magic; and before we dive into the album in a later post, we need to talk about the title single which I enjoyed quite a lot.

The intro was somehow deceiving because it had a calm vibe, then Beomgyu starts singing and the beat is quite fast.

I really liked the first verses, but Hueningkai's verse was what truly had me, I loved the vibe his verse convied, and he sounded great. The Beomgyu part that's repeated by Kai later was also so much fun to listen to.

I liked Yeonjun's second verse, and again Kai's part was really fun, this time, due to the drop in his verse.

Taehyun and Soobin also did really well throughout the song, but the trio Hueningkai, Beomgyu, and Yeonjun were the best.

I loved the shift we get around 2:39, Beomgyu and Kai sounded so good, and the background music was so beautiful.

I really enjoyed the song, way more than I thought I would. I love that its different from "Crown", and a huge plus to how mature they've become in such a short time.


"Run Away" Card:
*Score:7.4/10
*Label:Good
*Star of the Song:  Hueningkai
*Final Thoughts:Even if you weren't a huge fan of the groups' first release, I highly recommend you check this one out, it's solid song, and they have grown and improved so much .


  • What did you think of "Run Away"? share your thoughts on the single down below.

Comments