"Sall We?" by CHEN

    Before you proceed, I want you to know this fact: Jongdae aka Chen from EXO is without a doubt one of the best vocalists in Kpop, his voice and the incredible range he possesses are jaw dropping, and now that we got that out of the way, shall we review his latest solo track?

Let's start with the obvious, Chen absolutely smashes the vocals, as expected of him. I love how powerful yet sweet his voice is, I love how the verses are sang quietly like someone is narrating a beautiful story, then the chorus just hits and he kills it.

I feel like having a powerful, amazing voice is great, but what's even better is a voice that conveys emotions. I said that about Woozi from SEVENTEEN in my review of An Ode, and I believe that to be true in Jongdae's case as well.

I'm a sucker for good lyrics, and this song deliver on that front. I especially love how convincing Chen sounds singing the words, like the part he sings:

 "Come into my arms, I'll hold you tight, Please don't hide it my dear" 

I truly felt like he meant every word, he wasn't just singing, he was living the scenario.

The beat is really good, the instruments are used very well, and I like how the lyrics, the beat, and the voice work together so beautifully.
The music video is very simplistic as you would expect for such a song, but that doesn't mean its not good. its charm relies in its simplicity, I liked the couple starring, I liked seeing their interactions and I enjoyed the cuts to Jongdae. 

Visually, it looked really good. It's shot well, the locations are nice,I liked how it was shot in the night, then we gradually watch the sunrise till we end with them in daylight.

 "Shall We?" Card:
*Score: 7.8/10
*Label: Good
*Star of The Song: Chen
*Final Thoughts: I really liked "Shall We?"Chen didn't disappoint, he delivered a strong beautiful performance and he nailed every aspect

  • What did you think of Jongdae solo track? loved it? not really?! share your thoughts down below.


Comments