TREASURE EP.2: Zero to One

     We continue our countdown towards the release of ATEEZ's new full album on Oct 8th by reviewing their second chapter of the TREASURE journey.
The second EP by the group marked their first comeback, and after a great debut with TREASURE EP.1, expectations were quite high, and boy did they deliver, EP.2:Zero To One is pretty damn great.

HALA HALA:Like I mentioned in my review of their first EP TREASURE EP.1, the beats they use are so incredibly good and so insanely addictive!
The first few seconds are enough to hook you; Wooyoung's opening is so good, Hongjoong's rap is amazing, and once more Jongho's vocals are magical.
The drop here is so good! Mingi's flow and delivery are so awesome, I truly can't wait to see what he'll be able to do in 3/4 years because he has so much potential.
(Listen to the song:here)


Say My Name: I love this song so much because  every member shines here. Apart from the trio I praise all the time: Jongho,Mingi, and Hongjoong who again give killer performances, I truly believe all members  were equally incredible: San and Yunho sounded so good, Yeosang and Seonghwa did so well too, I loved every time Wooyoung came in, he brought so much charisma.
Everbody did an amazing job!!!
(Listen to the song:here)

Desire:I feel like the track has so much going on, and that could be a turn off to many,  but I find it to be quite cool.
Yunho sounds pretty good in the beginning, Yeosang and Wooyoung also did so well.
I loved the shift of beat in the chorus,I think the vocalists might've done a better job here, but that doesn't mean the rappers weren't good.
I enjoyed the beat, I found the background sounds to be quite effective and complementary, I really dig this song.
(Listen to the song:here)

Light:The intro is an R&B inspired vibe, once again I found the vocalists to be really good, Yunho steals some of the light, and does really well. I also really loved the way Mingi changed his style here, it was softer, more subtle and it's a total shift from what we get on HALA HALA or Say My Name.
This is a super cute song with an even cuter beat and lyrics, I really like it.
(Listen to the song:here)
Promise:I really like this song. It's bright, energetic! The piano parts give that emotional ,vulnerable touch, while the chorus gives a cool edm vibe.The performances are really good. I can imagine how cool it would be to sing this live to thousands of fans, it was such a great choice to end the album with a very good song like this one.
(Listen to the song:here)


TREASURE EP.2: Zero To All Card
*Score: 8.5/10
*Label: Great
*Best Song: HALA HALA
*Star of The Album: ATEEZ 
*Final Thoughts: To be a rookie group, and have a comeback with songs like HALA HALA is just     mind blowing. They did an incredible job, and this mini album is worth checking by everyone.
*Listen to The Full Album:here


  • If you're an ATINY share your thoughts on the album down in the comments, if you're not a fan, please do check them out, their music is so good and you will not regret it. 

Comments