1the9:"Blah"

  1the9 are one of the contestants in my Battle of the Rookies, so I've been following them for quite some time, and I was really excited to hear their new stuff.
The title of the single they released today didn't really excite me, "Blah"is what they chose to name it, and I believe it wasn't the right call because it doesn't create much intrest by non fans.

The song itself ,however, stars with a nice intro, I liked the beginning quite a bit, the first few verses were really good; I wasn't a huge fan of the " I fall in you" or "breaking my heart" bits, the beat remained fun throughout though.

Sungwon's rap was good, I liked the sound of his voice, and I enjoyed his delivery, and the lyrics in his verse were better than others.

The vocalists did a fine job, but nobody really stood out, they were just ok, but the really positive thing about them is that  their voices work well together; there isn't a member who feels like a misfit.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the track, but I think its good, my problem is that it doesn't really show the talent 1the9 have; these guys are capable of so much more. Still, this is a really fun track, and I could see so many people enjoy it quite a lot.

I also believe this is one of those songs that require some time before actually appreciating or  loving it, the first time I heard it, I thought it was really mediocre,  but after a couple times, it kinda grew on me.

 "Blah" Card:
*Score:6.7/10
*Label:Fair
*Star of the Song:Sungwon
*Final Thoughts: Not the best 1the9 has to offer, but still a decent song.

  • Have you given this track a listen? Share your thoughts on it down below.

Comments