Dreamcatcher's "Deja Vu" is So Good

    Dreamcatcher is another Kpop group I haven't heard of until recent months, and similar to my experience with CLC, I was quite shocked to know that they have debuted two and a half years ago!!!
Their recent song," Deja Vu" made me wonder why aren't  there more people paying attention to this talented group?? {The answer to that will be featured in a future post}, but seriously, this song is great.

 The song starts with a sad, calm piano, they lyrics are somewhat emotional and  there is a sort of vulnerability delivered through the vocals which are pretty good, but the chorus had me shook!!!
We move from a normal sad pop song to, I kid you not, a rock chorus!!! The beat and sound of that chorus went so hard, I was so surprised!  Pleasantly, surprised!
There was a build up in Gahyeon and JiU parts, but I didn't expect the chorus to go that hard and I loved how refreshing it was to hear such a different sound from a girl group.
I don't think many Kpop girl groups use this sound, usually we have two categories the simple beat with cute sounds we get from the likes of TWICE, and the somewhat more mature edm sound we get from the likes of BLACKPINK, but I don't believe I've encountered many girl groups who used a rock inspired sound and it's so amazing to see it hear that.
For some reason, this song reminded of Anime,  and this is a compliment.

Deja Vu Card:
*Score:7.1/10
*Label:Good
*Star of the Song: Siyeon
*Final Thoughts: I really enjoyed how different this song is, and I am looking forward to check   more of their music
*Listen to the song:here
*Watch the music video:

I will upload a review for the entire EP they released yesterday, and I'm very excited to discover their entire discography.


  • So, did you check Deja Vu? If yes, please feel free to share yor thoughts down below, if not ,do check it out, you won't regret it.

Comments