TWICE: Fake & True

 TWICE have released so many catchy songs recently, and that got me and everyone else excited for more.
Their latest project; a new single for their upcoming Japanese album, has been trending all day with some praising the track, and others explaining how underwhelmed they were, and I fall right in between.

"Fake & True" has a super catchy beat, a trademark of the girl group. I liked the singing verses from each member however it felt like some parts weren't really connected.  Like some verse would be cool and the one following is as good but it feels like they're distant in way. It also felt like sometimes the song was rushed, like it needed more tweaking here and there.

I think Momo sounded really good here, Mina also had some strong parts, and Tzuyu was good too.

The Daehyun/Chaeyoung rap part has been talked about rather a lot in the past few hours, many have claimed it was totally awesome, but frankly speaking, it was just Ok!

Lyrically it was ok, performance wise, I wouldn't really call it rap, it was just alright and It's definitely not as "amazing" as many have described it to be.

I don't want compare this song to their other releases, the way I kind of did when I reviewed Feel Special,  so all I'm gonna say is the song has a really good beat, some performances are good, but over all, I wasn't a huge fan.

I am still looking forward to the album, but I hope the other songs on this upcoming record are stronger.


"Fake & True" Card:
*Score:6.6/10
*Label:Fair
*Star of the song: Mina
*Final Thoughts: Good beat, good performances, and overall a decent to a fairly good track. 


What did you think of  TWICE's latest single? loved it? not so much? whatever you thought, be sure to comment down below.
 

Comments